Today we have an amazing recipe courtesy of one of our amazing customers Gemma! Gemma sent us in this delicious protein peanut butter cups made with our gluten-free protein Her Whey!
Making the Peanut butter cups is super easy. To start with you need some NLA Her Whey in Chocolate Eclair, some natural peanut butter, and some raw, organic, non-refined coconut oil.
This Recipe is for ONE LARGE PB cup ( or three mini ones). If you want to make more, then just double/triple, etc., the recipe.
* Put one scoop of Her Whey Chocolate Eclair powder in a bowl
* Add two tbsp of raw organic non-refined coconut oil (best price at Trader Joes and Costco)
* Melt the coconut oil until it is just a clear liquid. Combine the oil and Her Whey into a small bowl and mix until smooth.
* Then set a paper cupcake liner on a small plate and pour HALF the mixture into the paper liner. This is your bottom layer. Set the plate with halfway filled cupcake liner into refrigerator. The coconut oil and Her Whey will harden in about 30 minutes.
* Take this bottom layer out after 30 minutes and put a teaspoon or two of natural peanut butter in the middle of it and smooth it out using a spoon. Then add the remaining mixture of Her Whey and coconut oil from your mixing bowl on top of the peanut butter.
* Put in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes or so, and when it hardens it is ready to eat!
You need to store these in the fridge because coconut oil will liquify at room temp.
This recipe has saved me from giving in to cravings! This recipe makes one giant PB cup. If you use mini liners it would make about three. Yes there is fat in this recipe but it is healthy fat! Organic, raw, unrefined coconut oil is not the 'bad'coconut oil that is hydrogenated. Coconut oil that is extracted and processed without heat is unique and its medium fatty acid chain structure makes it readily available for the body to use to rebuild cells. Combine this with the protein, amino acid, and glutamine content of NLA Her Whey and you have a not just a Peanut butter cup; but a POWERHOUSE cup!:)
NLA for Her